I-PEN ® Vet
THE NEW STANDARD FOR DIAGNOSING DRY EYE DISEASE
I-PEN® Vet, the world’s first, hand-held, point-of-care, solid state electronic diagnostic testing device to detect and indirectly measure the elevated tear film osmolarity levels associated with mild, moderate and severe KCS.
NEW TEAR OSMOLARITY TESTING DEVICE
- • Quantitative measurement of osmolarity
- • Quick and simple point-of-care test
- • Reproducible, accurate and reliable results
- • Uses Single-Use-Sensors (SUSs)
HOW TEAR FILM OSMOLARITY WORKS
The I-PEN® Vet Osmolarity System is a solid state electronic diagnostic device for the quantitative measurement of osmolarity (concentration of dissolved salts in solution) of tears in normal and Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca (KCS) patients.
The I-PEN® Vet Osmolarity system, used in conjunction with the I-PEN® Vet Osmolarity Single Use Sensors (SUS), provides a quick and simple method for determining tear osmolarity of the tissues bathed in the tear film of the papabral conjunctiva. After contact with the eyelid tissue, the I-PEN® Vet will display a quantitative tear osmolarity test result on the liquid crystal display (LCD) in units of mOsms/L. No calculations required. The I-PEN® Vet Osmolarity Test utilizes an impedance measurement to provide an indirect assessment of osmolarity of the tear film of the eye.
The I-PEN® Vet is used as an in-practice screening device both for patients presenting with dry eye symptoms and for all pre-and post-surgical patients. In addition, the I-PEN® Vet is an invaluable asset for monitoring the progress of KCS treatment therapies.
The I-PEN® Vet is for professional in-vivo diagnostic use only.
If you are interested in setting up an in-house information with one of our representatives to learn more about the I-PEN® VET, please feel free to contact us.
I-PEN® VET SINGLE USE SENSORS
The I-PEN® Vet Osmolarity Single Use Sensor, in conjunction with the I-PEN® Vet Osmolarity System, provides a quick and simple method for determining tear osmolarity using impedance measurements of the saline concentration of the extracellular fluid contained in the eyelid tissue. To perform a test, attach a new Single Use Sensor onto the System Reader and touch the tip of the Single Use Sensor to the inner tissue of the lower eyelid.
I-PEN® VET SINGLE USE SENSORS are sold per box of 50 sensors.
The I-TEAR® Test
Strip Meniscometry Test for Measuring Tear Volume.
Quantitative Tear Function Test
The I-TEAR® Test is a quick and easy test to measure the volume of tears produced. The quantitative measurement provides important information on the efficacy of the patient’s lachrymal system as part of a complete KCS diagnosis protocol.
- • Non invasive
- • Quick, 5 second test
- • No anaesthetic required
How to use:
1. Carefully open the transparent, sterile pouch at either of the ends of the pouch as to not damage the device.
2. Hold in the center of I-TEAR® Test as indicated in the diagram to the right. Do not touch the tips of the strip containing the blue dye area.
3. Apply the tip of the I-TEAR® Test of R mark portion on the right eye for 5 seconds to the lateral lower lid tear meniscus without touching the cornea and conjunctiva.
4. Measure the length of the stained tear column, marking by a pen. A reading of 5 and over is normal, anything under 5 is deficient.