Strip Meniscometry Test for Measuring Tear Volume.
Quantitative Tear Function Test
The I-TEAR® Test is a quick and easy test to measure the volume of tears produced. The quantitative measurement provides important information on the efficacy of the patient’s lachrymal system as part of a complete KCS diagnosis protocol.
- • Non invasive
- • Quick, 5 second test
- • No anaesthetic required
How to use:
1. Carefully open the transparent, sterile pouch at either of the ends of the pouch as to not damage the device.
2. Hold in the center of I-TEAR® Test as indicated in the diagram to the right. Do not touch the tips of the strip containing the blue dye area.
3. Apply the tip of the I-TEAR® Test of R mark portion on the right eye for 5 seconds to the lateral lower lid tear meniscus without touching the cornea and conjunctiva.
4. Measure the length of the stained tear column, marking by a pen. A reading of 5 and over is normal, anything under 5 is deficient.