For Lubrication and Hydration of Severe Lagophthalmos Symptoms
I-DEFENSE® VET (currently unavailable)
I-DEFENSE® VET is a long-lasting, lubricating ointment that delivers superior moisturizing and protection of the ocular surface of dogs, cats, horses and other companion animals.
Containing a highly effective biopolymer, I-DEFENSE® VET's formulation is extremely effective at providing maximum, long-lasting lubrication and hydration from dry eye symptoms and is well tolerated by the animal patient.
The unique viscous properties of I-DEFENSE® VET enable a prolonged contact-time with the ocular surface. This ointment provides soothing lubrication and hydration from dry eye symptoms, such as soreness, irritation or a gritty sensation on the eyes, while acting as a barrier against moisture loss. It can be used during surgical procedures and is ideal for providing lubrication and hydration to companion animals that suffer from nocturnal lagophthalmos.
I-DEFENSE® VET can be used during the day or night. When used during the day, the animal may experience some blurring. It is most effective when used at night while the animal is asleep, to allow for the ointment to remain on the cornea longer.
Hydrating & Lubricating Dry Eye Ointment
For Patients Suffering from Severe Chronic Dry Eye
- • The only vet ointment on the market containing a highly effective biopolymer
- • Enables a prolonged contact-time with the ocular surface
- • Instant, long-lasting hydration and lubrication
- • Reduces tear film evaporation
Sold in packs of 10
I-DEFENSE® VET comes in a sterile tube. In order to keep the tip of the tube and the contents sterile, it is recommended that I-DEFENSE® VET be dropped into the eye, without touching the cornea or surrounding tissues.
I-DEFENSE® VET should be used within 8 weeks of opening.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Wash your hands well before you use I-DEFENSE® VET.
- When initially opening I-DEFENSE® VET, do not use the first delivery of the ointment which may be aqueous. Gently squeeze the tube until the ointment begins to come out.
- Tilt the head of your companion animal up slightly and pull the lower lid of its eye downwards, to form a pouch.
- Hold the tube vertical to the eye.
- Press the tube gently to release a small quantity of the product on the eye (preferably at night). Repeat this process for the other eye.
- If an additional daily dose is required, apply a small quantity of the ointment every 3-4 hours, or according to your veterinarian’s instructions.
- Please ensure that the tip of the tube does not touch anything, including the animal’s eye or your fingers.
- Close the cap tightly after use.