THE ONLY VET OINTMENT ON THE MARKET CONTAINING HYALURONAN & DESIGNED TO TREAT SEVERE DRY EYE AND LAGOPHTHALMOS
I-DEFENSE®VET is an FDA registered drug, manufactured in an FDA registered manufacturing facility, which assures that this drug is of the highest quality.
I-DEFENSE® VET is a long-lasting, lubricating ointment that delivers superior moisturizing and protection of the ocular surface of dogs, cats, horses and other companion animals. It is recommended for animals with severe dry eyes and lagophthalmos, which is the inability to fully close the eyes during sleep.
Containing 0.40% sodium hyaluronate, a highly effective biopolymer, I-DEFENSE® VET's formulation is extremely effective at providing maximum, long-lasting lubrication and hydration for dry eyes and is well tolerated by the animal patient.
Hyaluronan (HA) contributes to the maintenance of tissue hydration and aids in the treatment of dry eye disease.
How does Hyaluronan help treat dry eye?
- HA promotes long-lasting corneal hydration
- HA helps reduce ocular surface inflammation
- HA helps stabilize the tear film by regulating the corneal epithelial cellular function and development
- HA promotes healing and reduces the count of epithelial lesions caused by acute or chronic dry eye disease through the stimulation of cell migration, proliferation, and differentiation
The unique viscous properties of I-DEFENSE® VET enable a prolonged contact-time with the ocular surface. This ointment provides soothing lubrication and hydration for the effects of dry eyes, such as soreness, irritation or a gritty sensation on the eyes, while acting as a barrier against moisture loss. It can be used during surgical procedures and is ideal for providing lubrication and hydration to companion animals that suffer from severe dry eyes and nocturnal lagophthalmos.
I-DEFENSE® VET can be used during the day or night. When used during the day, the animal may experience some blurring. It is most effective when used at night while the animal is asleep, to allow for the ointment to remain on the cornea longer.
Hydrating & Lubricating Ointment for Dry Eyes
For Patients Suffering from Severe Dry Eyes & Lagophthalmos
- • The only vet ointment on the market containing a highly effective biopolymer
- • Enables a prolonged contact-time with the ocular surface
- • Instant, long-lasting hydration and lubrication
- • Reduces tear film evaporation
Sold in packs of 10
I-DEFENSE® VET comes in a sterile tube. In order to keep the tip of the tube and the contents sterile, it is recommended that I-DEFENSE® VET be dropped into the eye, without touching the cornea or surrounding tissues.
I-DEFENSE® VET should be used within 8 weeks of opening.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Wash your hands well before you use I-DEFENSE® VET.
- When initially opening I-DEFENSE® VET, do not use the first delivery of the ointment which may be aqueous. Gently squeeze the tube until the ointment begins to come out.
- Tilt the head of your companion animal up slightly and pull the lower lid of its eye downwards, to form a pouch.
- Hold the tube vertical to the eye.
- Press the tube gently to release a small quantity of the product on the eye (preferably at night). Repeat this process for the other eye.
- If an additional application is required, apply a small quantity of the ointment every 3-4 hours, or according to your veterinarian’s instructions.
- Please ensure that the tip of the tube does not touch anything, including the animal’s eye or your fingers.
- Close the cap tightly after use.